Tuesday 8 June 2010

Oh to be just a little bit stronger and resist those sticks

So I did the deed and POAS (peed on a stick) on Saturday AM and it was a BFN (big fat negative in this crazy world of ivf lingo). I put it down to it just being too early to test and decided to POAS on Tuesday (that would be yesterday). So today is 11dp2dt and I did the stick and it was still BFN. No faint line, nothing, nada. Part of me wondered if my going to the loo late last night might've affected any hcg levels. I'm a bit disappointed but not too much. There's still a possibility it could be positive on Friday. If this whole TTC (trying to conceive) malarkey doesn't work it's not the end of my world. I can think of loads of things that equal a fulfilled life minus the little tinkers. Mr IVF is on the same page so we're all good. Of course we'd still be upset, but a healthy upset rather than so distraught I can't face the world upset.

I read on someone elses blog that it's better to get a few small negatives than one big fat one. I agree (am I just saying that because curiosity got the better of me?!) it probably lessens the blow.

Sore boobs have gone but still got lower backache (around pelvic area) and I'm getting the odd cramping here and there. Had a strong one earlier and had to sit down. Is this normal at this time? I wonder if either embryos have implanted because I can feel stuff going on, unless it's the progesterone talking. Think I'll just try and keep sane until Friday which is THE day. Going to acupuncture later, that'll help. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment